Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Post from Ellen Box

When I started this blog, I said that I might have others write posts. Here is a post from a friend who also has Early Stage Alzheimers. Her name is Ellen Box:

When Alzheimer’s took my mother from me, I realized this devastating disease had also taken my grandmother, my aunt and probably my great-grandmother.  At that point in medical history, it was simply stated that she “lost her mind” and was committed to an “insane asylum”.  We just really know that she also was a victim of Alzheimer’s.

With this family medical history, and some of the early symptoms indicating early Alzheimer’s, I discussed this with my primary physician.  He sent me to a Neurologist.  After extensive testing, laboratory work-ups, etc., I had X-rays, MRI’s and finally a PET Scan.  This final scan was to my Neurologist a positive diagnosis of early stage Alzheimer’s.  Not at all a surprise to me.  This was in April of 2005.

Ellen Box
10-14-10

1 comment:

  1. Hi, nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, its not just entertaining but also gives your reader knowledge. Good blogs style too, Cheers!
    When caring for an elderly friend or family member who has cognitive impairment, you can’t allow your own physical and emotional needs to fall by the wayside.

    - Day Care Alzheimers

    ReplyDelete