Monday, October 11, 2010

Race for the Cure

Recently, I particapated in the Race for the Cure to wipe out breast cancer. My sister died from Breast Cancer.  It is a terrible disease.

The event was amazing.  30,000 people, if not more, participated.
A friend of mine and I ran in the race.  Others walked.  We walked up and down, winding around others going not as fast as them.  I was surprised how many runners and walkers there were. And I was surprised how much up and down that went through neighborhoods down Allen park way.

The Race for the Cure started in 1982. No doubt there were few not many involved.  But over time, the Race brought more and more participants bringing more and more money for the cause.

But my cause is for Alzheimer's and the Alzheimer's Association.  I have Alzheimer's.  I want the Race for the Cure to continue but Alzheimer's Association need to get out in the community and catch up with The race for the cure.  That will be the subject of my next Blog.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment